5 Full-of-Health Recipes for Father’s Day
Father’s Day is just here. Aren’t you going to make your father feel special on Father’s Day this year? I am sure, you are. One great to give him an extraordinarily special treatment is to cook something for him. It is probably the best way where he too will appreciate your efforts and be proud to have a son or daughter like you.
What should I cook for my father this Father’s Day?
So, if this question is boggling across your mind – here are 5 delicious, healthy, low-fat, easy-to-cook delights that you can enjoy with your father:
1. Melon Wrapped In Prosciutto
Ingredients: Gala Melon, Prosciutto SlicesMethod:
- Peel the gala melon and cut semi-circle slices.
- Wrap the slices around prosciutto.
- Arrange and serve.
2. BBQ Turkey Burgers
Ingredients: Ground Dark-meat Turkey, Minced Garlic, Paprika, Ground Cumin, Kosher Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Grilled Onion Slices, Barbecue Sauce, and Toasted Sesame Seed Buns.
- Mix turkey, garlic, cumin, and paprika gently in a spacious bowl.
- Make Patties using this mixture.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over those patties.
- Bring the grill to medium heat.
- Keep the cakes on the grill for at least 7 minutes, each side.
- Arrange the burger, add desired toppings, and serve.
3. Southwestern Black Bean Chili
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Chopped Onion, Seeded, and Chopped Jalapeno, Fine Chopped Garlic, Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup, Rinsed and Drained Black Beans, Low-fat Sour Cream, Chopped Cilantro, Diced Peeled Avocado
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan.
- Sauté onions and jalapeno over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin and chili powder, stir well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add soup and black beans, stir, and cover the lid over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Throw cilantro.
- Serve in soup bowls, garnish with sour cream and avocado springs and chopped cilantro.
4. Sage Corn Muffins
Ingredients: Old-fashioned rolled oats, Cornmeal, Baking soda, Sea salt, Eggs, Buttermilk, Honey, Safflower oil, Finely chopped baby spinach, Minced sage leaves.
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Blend oats to flour’s consistency.
- Take that flour in a large bowl along with cornmeal, baking soda and salt.
- Take and mix whisk eggs, buttermilk, honey and oil in a separate bowl gently with spatula.
- Add the ingredients of second bowl into the first bowl.
- Fold the ingredients together, gently and gradually.
- Now, mix spinach and sage too. Pour the mixture in paper liners placed muffin cups (to three-fourth height).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow 5 minutes to cool.
5. Banana-Almond Smoothie
Ingredients: Ripe Banana, Unsweetened Almond Milk, Almond Butter, Ground Cardamom, Honey, and Ice Cubes.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender and blend it until it turns smooth.
- Serve chilled.
So, these are some cool kitchen exercises to try on this Father’s Day. I know, a couple of them are time-consuming but trust me, they are so wonderful your father will love your efforts.