How To Get Rid Of Your Sugar Addiction For Good?
You could have a list of reasons for choosing a dessert in your favorite place. Your sweet tooth or want to elevate your energy levels? Sugar comes in our plate to rescue us from feeling low and dull. Often, you resort to sugary delights in the middle of the day to keep going and feel good. However, do you know these sugar cravings is the primary reason for weight gain and a list of health issues?.
Why is sugar not so good for health?
Your dietary factors are a significant contributor to various health conditions like it increases the risk of hypertension more than what sodium does to your body. Research-based on the results of A 2014 BMJ Open Heart study says sugar is more dangerous than saturated fat for your cardiovascular health. Moreover, in a recent study by JAMA internal medicine revealed the intake of sugar in your daily life directly impacts the risk of dying of heart disease irrespective of your physical activity level and weight.
Consuming natural sugar which is present in fruits, veggies, milk is not harmful as these foods contain nutrients and are high in fiber. The presence of fiber slows the absorption of sugar into the blood thus reducing the side effects. You can include grapefruit in your diet, it is an excellent fat cutter and elevates the routine dishes with its natural tangy flavor. Sugar absorbed in the blood causes inflammation over time and thus leads to a chronic disease says David Ludwig, Professor of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
Why is it so hard to quit?
If you eat sugar because it tastes good? No, you are mistaken. You eat it because it changes your appetite and makes you crave for it more. What causes sugar cravings?
The Studies have revealed that sugary foods activate a region of the brain which is called nucleus is known for reward and addiction. The moment you eat sugar, it enables and produces more insulin and hormone which is involved in blood sugar regulation. When the hunger level rises in the body, the brain sends signals and increases sugar cravings to maintain the energy levels in the body. The intake of sugar increases the fat deposit in the cells leading to obesity.
Craving sugar is the biggest roadblock in the weight loss journey. You can read our latest blog on a calorie deficit to learn more ways to create it.
What can you do control the sugar cravings?
It is easier said than done when it comes to controlling the sugar cravings. We’ve some simple tricks to fool your mind and which can save you from gaining those extra calories.
- Create a right mindset before you start with it, and you must keep reinforcing the thought of staying away from sugar and those alluring eat treats.
- Start for a week, first you must eliminate adding additional sugar to your drinks and refuse your taste buds from delights. Also, if you are able to control it to a level, you can grab a fruit.Once you are done in a week, you can forget it for days. It is essential to make a habit of new activities that are beneficial for health.
- Now, you can reintroduce sugar at fun events, and you can eat your favorite dessert when you go with your friends to strike the right balance in your diet.
- You can opt for the less processed form of sugar like honey or organic maple syrup, agave nectar, coconut sugar, dates.
- You can use fresh fruits instead of using sweetened processed desserts.
- If you are craving for some chocolate, try some sugar-free hot chocolate drink.
- Binge on dried fruits instead of candies
- Add flavors like vanilla, spics, and citrus to add zing in your everyday staples like tea, coffee or even oatmeal.
Stay tuned for more updates! We are soon coming up with scrumptious recipes to try and tempt your taste buds. If you want to get into the perfect shape, then Slimming Studios can help you with our proven weight loss and contouring programs.
Follow us at our social handles and