Poached Egg with Spicy Avocado and Walnut
Do you love walnuts, yes? Then let’s try this very delicious and satisfying crunchy walnut recipe. Walnuts are a good source of omega 3s, rich in antioxidants and decrease inflammation. You can use it for making smoothies, cookies or for topping cake. Walnut is a versatile nut with a flavour profile that pairs beautifully with a variety of seasonal foods. This winter, let enjoy California walnuts with everything from fresh fruits to cheese in a wide range of recipe for any meal. Try this delicious poached egg with spicy avocado & walnut recipe and enjoy it with your friends and family.
- 1 egg
- 20g crushed California walnuts
- 3 avocados
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 scoop out the avocado flesh in a bowl
- Add chopped onion, tomatoes, green chilies, coriander, olive oil, lemon juice, crushed walnuts, salt and pepper
- Mix it with a fork or a whisk. Keep in the fridge to chill
- In a pot, add water and simmer
- Meanwhile, crack an egg in a small steel bowl greased with a little butter.
- Season it with salt and pepper and put the bowl in the hot water
- Cover it with a lid and let it cool for 3 minutes
- Put a large scoop of the avocado-walnut mixture on the toast.
- Gently, place the egg over it and season with red chilies if you like
We offer exclusive medical weight loss packages that help you to shed unwanted weight. Book an appointment to know more about the packages that will benefit your overall health and weight loss progress
Also read: What is Ketosis & Keto Eating?