Why You’re Not Losing Weight With Intermittent Fasting?
Weight Loss is the most trending thing in America with almost 246,000 searches on Google to know its benefits. This has gained traction after the alarming surge of obese people. Intermittent fasting or IF is not like other yo-yo diets, it is a restricting pattern of eating to create a calorie deficit for weight loss. You know there is only one rule for weight loss even if you go for exercise or diet, is through a calorie deficit. Read how you can create a calorie deficit. If you haven’t lost weight even after trying intermittent fasting for weight loss, then you must be missing out something.
There are various aspects of IF you should be knowing, everybody has different metabolic rates and how they react on fasting depends on that.
What are the various types of fasting methods?
The 16/8 Method: This method gives you a feeding window of 8 hours where you can eat from 12 noon to 8 pm, and for the rest hours you are on a fast. You must skip breakfast in this method.
Eat-stop-eat: This method, it involves keeping fast for one or two days a week, it depends on you to fast from dinner to the next day’s meal or use the same pattern for lunch.
Alternate day fasting: This method involves fasting 24 hours and usual eating, your regular meals for the next 24 hours. You can only consume 25% of your daily calories on the fasting day.
The Warrior Method: This involves 20 hours of fast and four hours of fasting, the feeding hours are usually the late-night hours.
The 5:2 Diet: You eat 500 to 600 calories for two days in a week and usually eat the other 5 days.
If you stick to your regular diet for all those non-fasting days, this intermittent fasting can really reduce your belly fat and shed extra weight you’ve been carrying around for years. The basic rule- Don’t compensate. Read and try these detox drinks.
Intermittent fasting is trending these days which has helped people to shed extra weight and get back to their shape. It really works on carb craving to give you results.
How intermittent fasting works for you?
The mechanism is simple to understand, your body stores the extra energy in the form of fat in our body which later takes the shape of flab on the body. The body needs the power to complete the everyday activities and when you don’t eat then body metabolizes the fat areas to provide an ample amount of energy to the body. This is how fasting helps in weight loss. Moreover, when you fast the insulin levels go down drastically leading to fat burning. You can easily lose 2-3 pounds in a week with intermittent fasting. Learn more about Nutrition and Intermittent Fasting.
What might you be missing out?
- Cravings can only be tackled with Water, so drink plenty. Also, you can squeeze lime to it to curb the cravings. You can even gulp down the calorie-free drinks like tea or
coffee without sugar to get in shape.
- A small dose of caffeine in morning and evening can make this IF thing way simpler by suppressing your appetite and restricting you from eating.
- Track what you eat, the tendency to gorge on your first meal after the fast is normal, all you need to do is add plenty of salad to your plate to feel full.
- Reduce the intake of processed food like rice, pasta, bread to make IF more effective.
- Always visit a doctor or a health expert if you are popping pills for any health problem.
- Don’t ignore multi-vitamins, make sure your diet is rich and nutritious. If still, you feel the lack of energy in the body, switch to multi-vitamins.
- Not only weight loss, but intermittent fasting also provides the following benefits:
- It lowers the inflammation
- Better management over blood sugar levels and lower the risk for diabetes
- Improves detoxification
- Improves Heart Health
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Improves brain function and lower risk of dementia
- Better recovery from workouts
- Less harmful effects of aging or stress.
Although, IF is a conventional method for weight loss, this has always done wonders to the body by detoxifying it. You can not only lose weight, but you can also look gorgeous and healthy with IF.
With IF, you could try various non-invasive procedures to tone down the sagging skin while losing weight. Now, get your fittest body ever with Slim n Skin. We have a range of non-invasive, body contouring procedures to help you shed weight and get rid of fat flab.